Quantcast

Troubleshooting Guide

TobaccoLeaveAdmin
Administrator
Troubleshooting:

Text in italics are common questions/comments from users and the text underneath it is how to solve the problem. All of this information can be found in the Fresh Choice Electric Cigarette Machine’s Operating Instructions.

Cigarette is too loose.
Turn the compaction knob clockwise (right) toward the center of the machine.

Cigarette is too tight.
Turn the compaction knob counter-clockwise (left).

Cigarette is not filled to the filter.
Take a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and gently clean the tube valve injector with the spoon extended in a clean cycle.

The tobacco is not filling the entire tube.
Break apart the tobacco in the hopper. Use the clean cycle and make sure the entire tube valve is clean; turn the compaction knob clockwise.

The “door open” light is on and will not turn off.
Check around the top cover and clean out door of the machine for a tobacco piece or stem that is blocking the top lid from closing all the way.

Machine is jammed, all lights are flashing.
Unplug the machine and replug it in.

The lights are not lighting up.
Unplug the Fresh Choice Machine from the wall and then replug in the machine.

Cigarette is too full flavor.
Try Fresh Choice or Tobacco Leaves “Choice” tobacco; you may also want to consider using Fresh Choice Light Tubes.

Tobacco is turning into a ball at the bottom of the hopper.
Try Fresh Choice or Tobacco Leaves “Choice” tobacco; you may also want to consider using Fresh Choice Light Tubes.

Tobacco is turning into a ball at the bottom of the hopper.
Untangle the tobacco by sifting the tobacco into the hopper through your fingers.

How long are the cigarettes I make good for?
Cigarettes are best smoked right away, but if you would like to store them, put your freshly made cigarettes in a Fresh Choice tin.

Is there a way to clean the machine better?
A soft bristled brush can be used to brush tobacco strands from the machine. Use a q-tip to better clean the spoon.

Can I order spare parts?
We have an authorized factory service facility call 800-243-2737. We can ship you replacement parts for all user serviceable repairs.

Where do I find Fresh Choice or Tobacco Leaves tobacco and tubes?
At stores that sell tobacco products or by calling us at 1-800-243-2737. Fresh Choice Tobacco is available in Full Flavor, Choice, and Menthol. Tobacco Leaves tobacco is available in Full Flavor and Choice.

Do you have a website?
Yes. It is www.freshchoicetobacco.com

Is there a customer service number?
Call 1-800-243-2737 for friendly customer service.

Additional Troubleshooting Tips:

The plastic shroud surrounding the Cigarette Tube Valve is a part of the Machine for your safety. It should not be removed.

In addition, we have a few additional troubleshooting guidelines:
Tobacco does not inject into the tube or tobacco is hanging out of the end of the cigarette tube.
Tobacco may be too moist; try separating the tobacco with your fingers and sprinkle the separated tobacco into the Machine’s hopper. If the problem continues, lay tobacco out on some newsprint for 10-15 minutes and try again. Do not push down on the tobacco in the hopper – this will stop the tobacco from injecting into the tube properly.

Cigarette tube tears.
The tube may tear for several reasons: 1) the Compaction is set too tightly. To adjust the compaction of your cigarette, turn the Compaction Knob counterclockwise (to the left); 2) you have a small piece of paper stuck on the Tube Valve Injector. Blow or brush this area off with the Tube Release Lever, add a tube flush with the machine, and release the Lever.

The Cigarette Tube is not filling completely.
1) Make sure that the tobacco is separated when filling the Hopper; 2) Make sure tobacco has not built up on the Spoon – run clean cycle to check the Spoon; 3) Make sure the tube is installed completely over the Tube Valve Injector.

NOTE: The front Clean-Out Door slides out from the top for emptying your machine of excess tobacco. To empty tobacco from the machine, raise the top cover and slide the Clean-Out Door up.
We hope that these tips help. Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-243-2737.

Re: Troubleshooting Guide

Benny
"you may also want to consider using Fresh Choice Light Tubes"

Do you still carry Fresh Choice tubes?
My last tobacco shipment came with Premeir tubes.

Re: Troubleshooting Guide

Fresh Choice Admin
Hello!

We are currently out of stock on Fresh Choice Full Flavor tubes, but we are currently substituting Premier tubes until we get in our shipment (at the same price as the Fresh Choice tubes). We are expecting to get in the tubes in approximately 90 days. However, we still have Fresh Choice Light Tubes that you can purchase. Sorry for the inconvenience!

As far as the machine is concerned, the reason that we suggest using Fresh Choice tubes is becuase that machine is tested and designed to be used with Fresh Choice tubes. Let us know if you have any more questions! 1-800-243-2737.

Re: Troubleshooting Guide

wakerrat
buy your own tubes I use the Vera Cruz which is a way better made tube